Our mission is to enable all young people in Hertfordshire to discover or develop their own unique musical voice and express themselves through the language of music.
Order a service from Hertfordshire Music Service
The online brochure details all the services HMS can offer your school, and if you have any particular questions about our offer, please contact your Regional Manager.
Like all organisations, we are experiencing increased costs and financial pressures which we will need to reflect in our prices for September 2023. We have worked hard to keep any increase to a minimum and will continue to use our funding to subsidise the music services you need.
In addition, by working in partnership with the music sector and agreeing match funding, we are pleased to continue to make fully funded tuition, resources and support available to all schools including:
- Sing Up to all maintained schools and academies – Fully funded
- Charanga to all primary phase and special schools – Fully funded
- Digital music resources to all secondary schools – Fully funded options
- Fully funded tuition for First Access, our whole class instrumental learning project for primary phase schools*
- Get Playing projects – a fully funded opportunity for students to experience instrumental lessons with a free instrument loan*
- Curriculum support for all schools – Fully funded
*Subject to staff and instrument availability
The cost for our provision from 1 September 2023 is £48 per hour.
The refreshed, simplified online request form will be available here very soon.
We have sent the 2023-24 brochure out to you by post so you have time to consider the services your school needs ahead of the deadline for requests of Friday 31 March 2023.