These terms and conditions form the basis of the contract between Hertfordshire Music Service and our customers.
Customers (hereafter referred to as ‘you’) are subject to and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Hertfordshire Music Service (hereafter referred to as HMS) reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions at any time and without notice. Any determination made by the Chief Operating Officer arising from the terms and conditions shall be final.
4. Time of lessons
HMS only accepts responsibility for pupils during actual lesson/session time. At all other times, responsibility lies with the school or parents/carers.
7. Instruments / accessories
Parents / carers / adult pupils agree to provide instruments, music and accessories as required. HMS loan instruments may be available - separate terms and conditions apply.
10. Missed lessons
11. Withdrawal or changes
12. Contact details
14. Financial support
15. Health and safety
16. Communication between customers and teachers through MusicTutors
1. Hertfordshire Music Service provides online lessons through a third-party application (MusicTutors).
2. Hertfordshire Music Service, through its teachers, will use the inbuilt messaging functionality to communicate with customers about information regarding the effective delivery of lessons, including, but not limited to:
i. lesson reminders
ii. changes in lesson time/date
iv. further home learning
v. test notifications
vi. confirmation of lessons
3. Authorised users will have access to the messages sent between the teacher and the customer. Hertfordshire Music Service reserves the right to read and review the messages to effectively deliver the service to customers.
4. Messages will be kept for 2 years as detailed in the HCC retention schedule (www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/media-library/documents/foi/hcc-record-retention-schedule-2019-v3-web.pdf), reference number HCC2.14 (page 16).
5. Messages can be accessed online, via the MusicTutors messaging centre. If, for any reason, you are unable to access the MusicTutors system a copy of the messages can be provided by emailing the request to MusicTutors@hertfordshire.gov.uk.