These terms and conditions form the basis of the contract between Hertfordshire Music Service and customers. Customers (hereafter referred to as ‘you’) are subject to and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions in addition to the following policies:
Hertfordshire Music Service (hereafter referred to as HMS) reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions at any time and without notice. Any determination made by the Chief Operating Officer arising from the terms and conditions shall be final.
4. Time of lessons
7. Instruments / accessories
10. Missed lessons
11. Withdrawal or changes
12. Contact details
- Please ensure that all communication of notice to terminate lessons are requested through the withdrawal form here.
- Requests to change lesson durations or types and/or invoice queries is sent in writing directly to the correct address below.
- Requests of notice to terminate lessons, to change lesson durations or types and/or invoice queries will not be accepted if communicated to the HMS teacher directly or via any third party application such as musictutors.co.uk.
- Please include your child’s name, instrument, lesson received and where they normally have their lesson (at a school or music centre).
Lessons held at a school and billed by HMS: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lessons held at a school and billed by the school – contact the school direct.
Lessons held at a music centre – contact your music centre direct:
14. Financial support
15. Health and safety
16. Communication between customers and teachers through MusicTutors
1. Hertfordshire Music Service provides online lessons through a third-party application (MusicTutors).
2. Hertfordshire Music Service, through its teachers, will use the inbuilt messaging functionality to communicate with customers about information regarding the effective delivery of lessons, including, but not limited to:
i. lesson reminders
ii. changes in lesson time/date
iv. further home learning
v. test notifications
vi. confirmation of lessons
3. Authorised users will have access to the messages sent between the teacher and the customer. Hertfordshire Music Service reserves the right to read and review the messages to effectively deliver the service to customers.
4. Messages will be kept for 2 years as detailed in the HCC retention schedule (www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/media-library/documents/foi/hcc-record-retention-schedule-2019-v3-web.pdf), reference number HCC2.14 (page 16).
5. Messages can be accessed online, via the MusicTutors messaging centre. If, for any reason, you are unable to access the MusicTutors system a copy of the messages can be provided by emailing the request to MusicTutors@hertfordshire.gov.uk.