Information gathered from Customers in order to fulfil a contract
Hertfordshire Music Service collects data from you on behalf of Hertfordshire County Council to establish a contract to provide music tuition, activities and equipment.
Why we need your information
The data gathered is for the purpose of setting up your account and identifying the recipients of the service. Hertfordshire County Council will use this information to raise charges for the service (where appropriate).
We require this information in order to fulfil our obligations under our contract to supply music tuition and activities. This contract may also include the provision of instruments and resources which will be charged for as appropriate. Failure to provide this information will mean that we are unable to set up a contract and supply the service.
If applicable – the information you have provided to us will be used alongside additional information obtained from schools.
In order to manage and administrate instrumental and vocal lessons, Hertfordshire Music Service will need to share your contact details with the teacher delivering the lessons to the pupil in order to facilitate these lessons.
For data collected in applications for financial support for music tuition:
- Hertfordshire Music Service is the data controller for personal data collected from this form and only will use the information submitted to assess your eligibility for financial support more music tuition. We will share your relevant data with the Department for Education to check your eligibility for Free School Meals and other benefits. We may also use the data to offer you additional benefits and services.
- Our lawful basis for processing this data is that it is a task in the public interest and in line with our statutory responsibilities to support children and families who may be eligible for related benefits and services
Communications will normally be via email except in some circumstances when a teacher needs to call a parent/carer via the phone number supplied e.g. when a connection issue arises in an online lesson or in an emergency. All teacher-parent/carer communications will be delivered in line with the HMS Code of Conduct.
Hertfordshire Music Service may also contact you about additional complementary activities the service offers including ensembles, choirs, courses and events that would be beneficial to the musical progress of the pupil.
What we will do with your information
The information you give us will be held by the Hertfordshire Music Service within Hertfordshire County Council and will only be used to administer your account and contract with the Music Service.
Hertfordshire Music Service is a Department for Education (via Arts Council England) funded provider. As such we collect certain data in order to be able to make statistical returns to those bodies but it is anonymised data and no individual pupil can be identified.
We will only share information with third parties if we are legally obliged to do so, for example if it is necessary to safeguard or protect a child.
We may also share information with the police or other agencies if it is necessary for the following purposes:
a) the prevention or detection of crime
b) the apprehension or prosecution of offenders
c) the assessment or collection of any tax or duty or any imposition of a similar nature
How long we will keep your information
The information that you supply to us will be kept on file for 7 years and then disposed of securely.
How we store your data
We sometimes use an online application called Eventbrite to manage online bookings for our events. Data is held securely by Eventbrite. You can view Eventbrite’s data security and privacy information.
We use Schooble and Paritor to administer the delivery of music including sign up and billing. Data is held securely by Schooble and Paritor. You can view Schooble data security and privacy information and Paritor data security and privacy information.
What are your rights?
Hertfordshire County Council will be the Data Controller for this information.
You have the following rights in relation to this data:
- You have the right to be informed about what information we hold about you and how we use it.
- You have the right to request copies of any information the Council holds about you by making a subject access request.
- If information we hold about you is factually inaccurate you have the right to have it corrected.
- You have the right to object to the way we are using your data.
- You have the right to request that your data is deleted. However we may be unable to delete your data if there is a need for us to keep it. In this case you will receive an explanation of why we need to keep the data.
- You can also request that we stop using your data while we consider a request to have it corrected or deleted. There may be some circumstances in which we are unable to do this however we will provide an explanation if this is the case.
- In certain circumstances you may also request data we hold about you in a format that allows it to be transferred to another organisation.
- In the event that decisions are taken using automated processes you have the right to request that these decisions are reviewed by a member of staff and to challenge these decisions.
If you would like to request copies of your data, request that your data is deleted or have any other queries in relation to data which the Council holds about you please contact the Data Protection Team.
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or in writing to the address above.
If you are unhappy with the way that Hertfordshire County Council has used your data or with the way we have responded to a request you also have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office www.ico.org.uk.