Cost: Based on £44.10 per hour, charged to parents/carers directly or school billed
Instrumental and vocal lessons are a fun and exciting way to learn and make new friends. We firmly believe that by providing children a strong foundation in music they will go on to progress faster and further, not only in their musical studies, but in all other aspects of their school life.
HMS will provide:
- Professional, inspiring instrumental music teachers.
- Individual, shared or group lessons of 3-6 students.
- Lessons in a variety of instruments and musical genres.
- Management of the administration of instrumental music tuition at your school.
- All ongoing quality assurance and safeguarding checks.
- Billing to parents/carers directly – your school does not need to charge families.
- School billing is also available to those schools who wish to manage the billing and administration of instrumental lessons themselves.
Your school will provide:
- A teaching space in school, suitable for the instruments on offer.
- Information to parents/carers when required.
- Encouragement and support for good attendance.
- Annual or termly school calendar to the HMS teacher.
- Opportunities to celebrate the progress of your students!
HMS teachers normally require a minimum of 1 hour tuition time to attend your school, however this may be reduced in special circumstances.
To express an interest in offering students at your school new instrumental or vocal lessons, simply make a request on the online form and create a suitable teaching space.
Lessons take place at school during the school day and can commence at set times throughout the school year, subject to staff availability.
HMS can also apply any subsidies your school wishes to make available to your students, simply download, complete and return a school subsidy form.
The HMS Financial Support scheme remains available for students who meet certain criteria. Please note that the application process is changing for 2022-23.