Singing aids learning, inspires creativity, creates strong communities and is a powerful medium to improve health and wellbeing.
Sing Up is a flexible, comprehensive resource, well-loved by teachers and vocal leaders across the country. It offers the following benefits:
- Access to Sing Up’s vast Song Bank, specially arranged to promote good vocal health for young voices. Filter by age, style, theme, scoring or music topic.
- Unlimited streaming and downloading for in and out of the classroom.
- A range of song resources including notation, audio, such as performance, backing and rehearsal tracks, and teaching notes providing you with expert guidance and advice
- Interactive whiteboard player which shows scrolling notation and lyrics in time with audio.
- Song videos that children can join in with to help encourage regular singing and support teachers who may be pushed for time or feel anxious leading singing.
- Recovery curriculum resources, using songs to address the key themes and losses caused by the pandemic and enrich children’s learning experiences.
- Sing Up Music - a full year's scheme of work for every age group up to age 11 to support a creative and active musical approach to lessons, connecting singing and playing, composing and improvising, listening and appraising.
- Choral arrangements for all kinds of singing groups, including practice tools such as rehearsal and backing tracks, a range of scores, teaching notes, and scrolling notation.
- Expert assembly plans and songs to explore themes and school calendar fixtures like Harvest and Christmas.
- Activity plans and songs to support cross-curricular lessons. Dive into a science, maths, history, or literacy topic with a song.
- Songs and resources for everyday singing, from routines like lining up, circle time and taking the register to playing singing games in the playground.
- Inclusive SEND resources from signed videos (BSL and Makaton), Clicker 5&6 and VOCA resources and Braille scores.
Sing Up Membership provides the complete singing package for schools. Sing Up believes that all children have a right to good quality singing provision, to deepen their understanding of music and singing, raise attainment, and develop lasting tools to express themselves with confidence and creativity.
Sing Up is committed to saving time for teachers with a busy workload. It offers a wide range of fantastic songs and teaching resources to help you include singing in your lessons or to act as a complete foundation for singing and music across the school.
HMS is making Sing Up available for free to all state-maintained schools and academies in Hertfordshire again for 2021-22 and with this gives your school full access to:
Singing for Recovery
The Sing Up recovery curriculum resources help schools address the key themes and losses caused by the pandemic: routine, structure, friendship, opportunity, and freedom. Learn more about Sing Up's Recovery Curriculum in this short video:
Tune in each week for fifteen minutes of musical fun for children and young people, from songs and warm-ups to beatboxing and body percussion! New videos are being posted every Thursday on the Sing Up channel for you to use for free whenever works best for you.
Sing Up day
Every year since 2010, Sing Up sets aside an extra special day to celebrate the power of song and spread a little singing. From the UK to the UAE and the US to China, schools and singers join us on Sing Up Day. We commission a brand new Sing Up Day anthem each year with resources and activity ideas.
All Sing Up Day materials are free to download because we want everyone to join in and feel the power of music on Sing Up Day.