The HMS music curriculum team also run the Tea & Symphony programme that aims to give all class teachers the support they need to teach music more confidently. The scheme is also expanding to support more specialised secondary school teachers at KS3, GCSE and A-Level.
The Tea & Symphony programme includes ‘in school’ consultancy that supports schools with:
- Developing a scheme of work
- Leadership training for music
- Staff training in school
- Advice on appropriate resources
- Adapting and personalising a commercial scheme of work
- Preparing for inspection, including Ofsted Deep Dives
HMS can make a recommendation to Music Mark for your school to receive a School Music Award through participation of the HMS music self-evaluation process.
Training sessions are short, focussed and fun and normally run 6 times per year after school in local groups. Secondary network meetings are also available to join.
All school partners are entitled to send any number of staff to attend as many sessions as they wish.