Hertfordshire Music Education Hub
Email Address ONLY for the Hub Members
Hertfordshire Music Forum
The Hertfordshire Music Forum was established with terms of reference in September 2011 and was officially launched when Hertfordshire Music Service formally became Lead Partner for the Hertfordshire Music Education Hub in September 2012. It is the strategic group representing the key countywide stakeholders and partners that deliver and promote music education across Hertfordshire. There are many other regional and district partners who are crucial to local delivery. Their work is also supported by the Music Forum through the area based structure of the Hertfordshire Music Service and other Forum members.
Hertfordshire Music Education Hub Strategy Group
In 2015 the Music Forum approved the formation of a Strategy Group which will work in detail on the Music Education Hub response to the challenges of the Core & Extension Roles. This will be independently Chaired by Lincoln Abbotts and will draw on the membership of the Music Forum and externaly as required. This group reports to the Music Forum.
Cultural Education Sub-Group
The Music Forum approved the formation of a Cultural sub-group to look specifically at wider arts and cultural issues pertinent to the Music Education Hub. This group consists of Watford Palace Theatre, Dance Digital, University of Hertfordshire, Royal Opera House Bridge and Hertfordshire Music Service.
Hertfordshire Music Forum Terms of Reference
1. Promote and support high quality music education in Hertfordshire
2. Through partnership working and advocacy, support the Hertfordshire Music Service in its role as Lead Partner
3. Provide critical challenge for Hertfordshire’s response to the National Music Plan, School Music Eductation Plan and other strategies as required
4. Maintain an education focus with clear values on standards, improvement and excellence both in the music curriculum and extra-curricular music
5. Ensure all strategies are tested with regards value for money, musical integrity, access and equalities.
6. Meet at least four times per year to receive reports from the Head of Hertfordshire Music Service and Partners as necessary
7. Endorse strategic plans and funding applications as required and communicate this endorsement.
Arts Council England (ACE) on behalf of the Department for Education, are investing £75 million in 2016/17 in the network of 123 music education hubs across England. Click on the ACE logo read more about the ACE leadership of music education hubs nationally.
Hertfordshire Music forum Members
- Michael Taylor: Chair
- Cllr Peter Ruffles: HCC
- Cllr Dee Hart: HCC
- Cllr Robin Parker: HCC
- Cllr Mark Watkin: HCC
- Simon Newland: Asst. Director HCC, Education Access & Provision
- Nigel Brook: Former County Councillor - by standing invitation
- Elizabeth Hitch: Head, Beaumont School, St Albans
- Alison Saunders: Head, Simon Balle School, Hertford
- Andrew Wellbeloved: Head, Townsend CE School, St Albans
- Jane Carson: Head, Roselands Primary School, Hoddesdon
- SPECIAL SCHOOL REP: VACANCY
- SECONDARY HEAD OF MUSIC : VACANCY
- Paul Burrell: Director of Music and Assistant Head, Presdales School
- Peter Chapman : School Governor & former headteacher
- Peter Hewitt: Chief Executive, Benslow Music Trust
- Dave Forbes: Assistant Secretary, ATLherts
- Paul Woodin: Hertfordshire Hub Rep, Musician's Union
- Sue Hughes (observer) : Relationship Manager, Music Hubs, Arts Council England
Lead Partner Attendees (Hertfordshire Music Service)
- James Dickinson: Head of Hertfordshire Music Service
- Alison Pinder: Head of Instrumental Tuition
- Rebecca Hughes: Area Head East
- Angela Gilby: Area Head West
- Janice Neal: Business Manager
- Nick Denham: Head of Participation & Inclusion
- Malini Patel: Senior Support Officer
We are delighted that so many organisations are part of the Hertfordshire Music Education Hub through a huge range of active partnerships - see the full list HERE.
CORPORATE MEMBERSHIPS, HERTFORDSHIRE MUSIC SERVICE
James Dickinson is a Music Mark Trustee - Elected 2016
He was Music Mark Eastern Regional Convener 2013-16
and FMS Regional Conveyner 2011-13